Inspire is a private, nonprofit organization that was founded in 2005. Our goal is to create a safety net for emancipated foster youth while they transition into young adults and to help them break the cycle of abuse and poverty of their past. We aim to help every student earn a vocational certificate or degree and to learn valuable life skills to become self-sufficient.
Inspire exists to mentor and train former foster youth to become responsible, self-sufficient adults and to make positive life choices through the pursuit of higher education.
- Ignite the potential in foster youth through providing amazing opportunities and a community of support.
- Raise the current rate of only 6% of former foster kids attending college.
- Provide safe and stable housing while they learn valuable life skills including managing their financial resources and upon leaving Inspire they will not rely on public assistance.
- Meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of youth aging-out of the foster care system.
- Give former foster youth encouragement and accountability to increase their ability to fulfill their goals and dreams.
- Inspire is founded on Judeo-Christian values and strives to show the love of the Lord to every individual we work with including the youth and volunteers.
- Stretch our funding dollars through seeking in kind donations and volunteer services.
- Be good stewards of the funds we receive and the time that people give.
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”